View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 07:18 PM
Robert Kasenter

Default card doctors

I would dispute that the card doctors are widely known. They may be known in some advanced circles, but some of the individuals named have thousands of positive feedbacks on ebay meaning that there are lots of collectors that don’t know. I can say I did not know everyone on the list. I even made 3 purchases from one on the list (not Moser) (the 3 totaled $216 all bgs and may be fine, but who knows).

However, I am not sure knowing names helps that much. Twenty years ago you could just name the 10-12 dealers you would not do business with. Today with the internet and auction houses you are dealing with literally thousands of individuals. Outside the obvious, buyer beware, deal too good to be true, etc., there are only two defenses. The intermediaries (ebay, HA, REA, PWCC, etc.) and the TPGs. Only time will tell if any of the intermediaries are directly involved or just terribly indifferent. What is clear is the intermediaries and TPGs are not very good at their jobs right now. Eventually, if you are not good at your job, people find someone better at it.

Rob Kasenter