View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Default Whats with the crazy deals on GAI cards?

Posted By: leon

No one and no grading company is perfect. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that there are trimmed cards in all of the grading companies holders. My guess is they would agree with me. Now, that being said, who is doing the best job and what will have the best long term value? My vote still goes to SGC. Others think PSA. That is fine too. The problem with GAI is a compound one. First off they have a poor reputation for grading a little too loosely. It's not just me, but most vintage collectors, have thought that was the case for a long time. Then their latest fiasco and excuses about what happened have left a vote of "no confidence" in a lot of collectors eyes. I have nothing personally against them and have met several of their employees. They all seem like nice folks. Their PR (public relations) has not been very good, imho. They could have easily come on community chatboards and explained what was going on. Instead they went into some silent periods and that hurt them a lot....Who knows if they will be able to come back or not? Regardless of the company always buy the card and not the holder. Most of this board feels comfortable with SGC's and PSA's services.....best regards