View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collect Equity View Post

1) Can someone show some examples of the different types of printing to look for with a loupe? Specifically, if I am buying cards from the 60s or 70s what kind of patterns should I see or not see compared to home made reprints? (Note: I don’t care about the specific card, just general examples). It’s hard for me to know what type of printing was and was not around in the 1970s, to be able to compare against.

2) Toppaziostickers is offering a Pele Sicker Verlag with back damage due to being taken from an album. I have always trusted back-damaged cards that appear album removed as a sign of authenticity. Can anyone confirm if they have seen counterfeiters fake back damage?

3) if you do buy a fake PSA card, isn’t there buyer protection of some kind?
1. This is something you have to do yourself. I want you to get your loupe and examine some of the cards in your collection. Look at the printing dots, corners, edges, and the lettering on the backs. This is the only way you can become an expert. Then when somebody sends you a counterfeit, it will take you a few seconds to realize that something is wrong. It is something that will just come to you automatically.

2. Let me ask you a question: have you ever seen a counterfeiter on eBay, who has 75 items up for sale, and all 75 of them are fake? I haven't. Sure, you might find a few of them that are real, especially the low-priced ones. His Sicker-Verlag Pele might be real. However, that's irrelevant here.

3. You have to ask PSA about this.