View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 11:42 AM
J0hn Collin$

Thanks all for the responses.

I had autos here and there on cards and balls as a kid in the late 80's, early 90's - but became disillusioned with the auto game in general later when it came out how high the percentage of fakes was. I even had a Sandberg auto from an LCS dealer that I trusted and given - we didn't have the inter-webs to compare back then - but in comparing now it's obviously a horrible fake, not even close. So I bascially swore off autos for about 20 years, but have realized slowly that the risk is dramatically decreased with the certified ones, and in products that are legit where Topps had them done. So it's slowly rekindled my interest a bit.

I'm not concerned necessarily with getting autos only on a RC or something like that, I'm just looking for a nice picture and signature. I didn't even know about the stickers until recently, and just noticed that a Javy Baez card I bought last week has a sticker, but I liked the picture. So I guess can't really complain there, will see how it looks once I get it in hand, but I'm not thinking I'm likely to be super picky with these. I'm just looking for something modern to go along with the players I watch ever day to supplement my vintage collection. I think this will work. Thanks again...

Last edited by jchcollins; 07-22-2019 at 11:46 AM.