Thread: $OLD pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
1. VCP gets paid to do exactly what you guys are trying to avoid: (gasp) tell the world how much you paid for a card.
2. I personally love having card prices (particularly on ultra-rare stuff) cataloged and listed, both as a buyer and a seller. So many deals go on behind the scenes in private sales with rare cards that vcp is often left in the dust. I know of cards that sold publicly at 5k and later sold for over 30k privately a year later. If I wanted to buy OR sell another example of that card, I think it is vital to know what it sold for privately.
3. If the guy you are selling the card to says "but you only paid X for it," he is just as likely to quote you the vcp anyway, so who cares?
Of course you do. You want to be in the game, without spending a lot of time to acquire niche knowledge that professionals use to make their profits and as professionals, they want there to be less of them so there is room to make the profits they need.

Revert back to my last post. The last thing I want you doing is justifying your offer on my purchase price when I am trying to make a profit on a card. This is not hard to understand.

On rare stuff, lots of things don't make it into VCP. There is simply no category for them. Think about how to price all of the t206 errors, miscuts, oddities. There is nothing to go, on other than the past sales of that exact card.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-11-2017 at 10:13 AM.