View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Howard Chasser

Default SO much to say on this topic......

Firstly - before PSA registry started - boxes panels and singles were priced commensurately - a box was more than a panel and a panel more than a single. I agree with prior posts regarding it being more logical/reasonable to need any 1 (single ,panel or box) to fill a single slot in the registry with a scaled point total (highest of which would belong to the box) - this however is a conflict of interest for PSA - think about all the additional grading fees they get for each item that is added to a set?! Business often wins out over reason. That all said, in many cases the boxes are part of many registry sets now, but the scarcity/price of the boxes (often not graded as high as a panel or single from it might) has not been recognized by the marketplace yet (imho) - this is slowly changing. I have never and can't see myself ever cutting a box to get a panel (value propositions previously mentioned notwithstanding). I haven't, but could see myself cutting a panel to get a single of greater value (it's been cut once already). I also have and have less of an issue cutting uncut sheets (I used to feel differently about them). Everyone collects their own way I suppose. That's my 2 cents. Happy Holidays to all!