View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 AM

Default Beehive

I have been a collector of Beehive items for many years. They are actually a promotional item from the St Lawrence Starch company form Port Credit Ontario. They did in fact have a Toronto Maple leaf Baseball premium offer as well. The reason they were call Beehives is due to the requirement to send in product labels or box tops to obtain these photos. The most common product that was sold was Beehive Corn Syrop...hence the name Beehives. They produced 3 groups of Hockey photos, Airplane photos during WW2 Royalty photos ie King Edward Princess Elizabeth and the Coronation. The Baseball items are indeed a rare item to have. I unfortunately have not been able to purchase any but they do pop up on E_Bay Canada occasionally. I would say they are pretty rare among card collectors because they are 1 year only issue, and Canadian. Check out this site for some of my beehive items http://www.vintagehockeycollection.com

Last edited by Billwinkle; 04-13-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: wasn't sure if I could put on my website