View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 07:53 PM

How about a seller's perspective?

Since the mid 1970s, I have always attended shows as a seller. I've always had a ton of followers/customers who bought from me at every show I attended, and followed me from show to show. It seems like only yesterday but I have set up at every National but the first four.

it's not just the money -- but that helps to continue me buying and enjoying the pursuit of items that I know will sell to specific customers. I might have mentioned it previously, but this year I am returning to my roots and focusing on all four sports, and their vintage stars and rookies. I had abandoned that display 15 + years ago, and had focused on unusual sports and non sports items. I will cut back there but still display items that others can't find or no longer have available to display.

Since I am primarily a Vintage Raw seller, I have nothing invested in PSA grading and have much more room to negotiate. If you see prices at booths that scare you away, test the seller out and see if he or she has room. You don't lose anything by giving it a shot. Without even asking I tend to give everyone at least a 10-15% break. If I don't offer you a break, then I just don't have the room but that is highly unusual.

Stop by at this year's National at Booth 1114, 8 booths in the door facing the food concessions. Drop me a line or call me if you are looking for something I can bring to the show or help you in advance. Either way, enjoy the show if we don't get to talk before then or at the show.

Steve -- DynamicTwo@aol.com
914-522-3853