View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Default Thanks to our members and collectors for helping each other

Posted By: Joann

I completely agree Leon. I have long since lost count of the number of tips I've gotten on various auctions, and I appreciate each and every one of them. I would guess that up to 25% of my collection of female players came from items that I may have otherwise missed but someone was kind enough to take time to point it out. The tips have also helped my improve my searches 1000%, as I add new searches when I realize why I miss something.

I thank every person that helps me out this way (although I am a bit behind on emails, and THANKS Ted G for yours and will email soon) and especially I try to return the favor if I see something I know is in someone's collecting wheelhouse.

I've also heard of several cases where one or more collectors will agree to stand aside and let someone else buy a card if they know that person really really wants or needs it. I love hearing that. It's almost like some kind of gentlemens' courtesy or the like.

You are right Leon. There is a lot of genuine good will in this hobby, even amidst the high dollars flying around.

Joann