View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 PM
Mi.ke Fost.er

They did claim the Ruth ball that they offered to me (it's the one pictured in the beginning of this post) was purchased by someone who wasn't concerned with the cert. This was the feedback I got this morning:

"We were able to reach an agreement with the buyer....so this Ruth bb is sold.

I remember you told me you once got burned before on a purchase. Now I believe, unless these guys like Ruth and Gehrig either tell you they actually signed the bb, or left behind an affidavit before they died that they did so, you are not going to be comfortable. It certainly is your prerogative, but in the business we refer to it as “paralysis by analysis.”

This really burned me, because I had the nerve to seek clarity on the cert and ball. I have to admit that I feel like an ass now. I was led to these guys by my best friend. I bought a Joe D ball from them, which I'm now guessing is fake. Plus, they have been selling these limited quantity, laser engraved balls signed by contemporary players, e.g. Kershaw, Trout, McCutchen, etc., who have recently won an award. I did buy a Kershaw ball too, although fortunately that's it. I'm guessing the forgery ring in Florida is behind those too. I should have been more careful, because when I saw that they were offering a Derek Jeter ball too that seemed odd - I didn't think Steiner would allow him to sign other stuff. They claimed he was allowed to sign a limited quantity of items outside his contract. After I bought the Kershaw ball, the story changed to that Jeter's contract with Steiner ended when he retired. Sigh....