View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you collect with?

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

I collect alone...my wife has no interest really...I'll show her some of the stuff I pick up and she feigns interest. She was a baseball fan at one time and she can tell you just about every player who played for the Braves from 1982-about 88...and she knows most NL players from that time period, but she really has shown no interest since I've known her. My 5YO has yet to show an interest, but I'm hoping someday that we'll be collecting buddies.

When I was much younger my brother and I used to collect together, but he lost interest over the years and it all became mine....it really became all mine when we were fighting one day and he started tearing 1965 Topps cards in half and sticking them underneath his locked bedroom door...that really got to be a panicky situation for me when he tore an Ernie Banks in half and shoved it under the door....Dad put an end to that very quickly. My brother still looks out for me though and has contributed a lot of great stuff to my collection that he finds at auctions/garage sales, et cetera.