View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Kyle May

Reading some of the above comments, it's pretty easy to see how someone got millions from McDonald's after said someone spilled their own hot coffee onto their lap. The "victim" mentality in this country is unbelievable. Much like our welfare system, our court system has become a lazy way to make a quick buck and be set for life. Disgusting.

When the reports first came out that Jose had died, there was talks of mental instability. The rumor was he went out on the boat to clear his head, or at least that's how the media made it seem. If this story had been true, and IF his friends tagged along to keep him safe/calm/sane without any knowledge of his intoxication, then Jose could have been charged with murder/manslaughter/etc.

But that's not the case. The reports state that the 3 of them were together that night - all 3 had been drinking and 2/3 had cocaine in their system. Therefore they all made the choice to become intoxicated. Then they all made the choice, coherent or not, to get on the boat. With this being the truth...

Jose Fernandez is responsible for his own death. His one friend is responsible for their own death. His other friend is responsible for their own death. Simple as that.

What's really sickening is the families of the 2 people accompanying Jose are looking to sue Jose's fiancee - whom just had a baby last month might I add. I hope the judge dismisses any lawsuits against Jose Fernandez by these families. Of course, I don't have much faith in our judicial system to do that.

Accountability. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 03-17-2017 at 11:05 AM.