View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Default Please make me feel better

Posted By: tbob

Hi Trevor. Not sure which post you were referring to but I know in my post I was simply explaining how the yahoos at ebay can detect offers to sell cards off-line which are posted on ebay. I certainly didn't intend any potshot at you, your name was only mentioned by me once and in passing, to try and explain how ebay might have receive the info about the offer and bounced you. Glad to hear that wasn't the case and that you are active again. As far as your making an offer to buy a card from a seller. there's a little too much hypocrisy around here if you ask me. Far more collectors have done this than are fessing up. I will admit I have done it a few times and I promise you if I see a D311 come up, I'll do it again. Hopefully it would be before any bids are entered but since ebay allows bidders to bid and then retract and sellers to sell and then pull their cards, I don't have a problem with it. I agree fully with Hal on this. I, myself, don't end my auctions early but if I see someone else selling something and it is something unique that I can't find elsewhere, I'll give it a shot.
tbob