View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 09:43 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Can argue all we want about DH output v pitchers but you have to say at least it makes the games much more interesting in the NL about when to pull your starter/relievers based on when your pitcher is hitting etc.

Lots of drama in pulling Chacin after 2 innings which would not have been a decision to make in the AL for example...also pulling Hader for pinch hitter..

The managing impact appears to involve a lot more strategy in NL v. AL....again a simplistic statement but thats me...
I wholeheartedly agree. Both leagues used to play the same game. The DH created the bifurcation. The old game, the current NL game, increases the complexity of managerial decisions during the game. During the playoffs Roberts always appeared to be watching, while Counsell always appeared to be thinking. Counsell made a number of questionable decisions. Many worked out to my surprise. A few didn’t.

Should Counsell be fired? Hell no. The Brewers, a small market team with a low payroll, got within one game of the WS with a single ten game winner.

Counsell was playing chess with 12 pieces on the board. Their opponents played with 16.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.