View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Bry@n

The seller told me that s/he was selling them on behalf of someone else and never knew how many more there were because the owner brought them to him/her in the batches in which they were listed. I also recall seeing a mention of the last group so I assume the owner told the seller that this was the end. I was too scared to pay up to get one of the missing OPs because it could have been a big waste of money if there ended up being 30 of each.

I did buy one of the seller's other apparent scraps that was a F30 confirmed as both F30 and F42 OP. This card makes me wonder about sheet layouts - whether a) the printer also scrapped a sheet of F30s that contained cards that were actually issued or b) the 42 OP was applied only to certain cards on a sheet. a) seems much more likely but b) would create some wild patterns. Also in favor of a) is that there were pencil lines on many of the missing OP cards and this one doesn't have them so multiple sheets may have been scrapped.

BTW - if we ever find out that someone cut up a full sheet in 2016 to sell them as singles I will violently throw up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206 Herzog Scrap c.jpg (71.4 KB, 672 views)