View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your analysis. I scanned the card again (this time with 2400 DPI instead of 300). My understanding is the shield should look the same for each player's card however there may be slight variations in the shield when comparing different players from the same parallel set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
With the understood proviso that I'am the furthest thing from an authenticity judge, I went to my PC and pulled my raw copy of this card. It, and a Tony Gwynn were given to me by a work buddy's son who was in the military at that time, although not deployed overseas. Your card looks like a dead ringer for mine. The only slight difference I see is on my copy the vertical red line on the right side of the card is mostly visible as it runs under the shield banner, while on yours I cannot see the line. This could be a function of the photo. As Zach Wheat has said a better look at the shield would be helpful. I would wager your card is legit.
lol, thank you. I certainly would not have pulled the trigger if that was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Looks good to me. I would be worried if the card said 'Larry Jones'
thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I have a set that I am happy with but if I were looking for advice on it I would go to Zach above
I appreciate it. Yes, I would not get it graded, which is how I typically prefer my cards, although I understand at times it makes sense to buy graded. The seller described the card as NM and did not provide a great picture. I understand it's probably exmint at best. Your advice makes sense, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Definitely looks good to me.

I think the condition issues are the reason it was not graded. I would leave it that way as it is better with modern in my mind to leave raw than have a mid-grade if you ever wanted to part with it.