View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM

Default Ticket prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Those tickets would sell for more than $1000 each...obviously they aren't worth $25,000 or someone would have snatched them up at that price the first time they were on ebay..not sure what they'd sell for in a true auction, but it'd be nice to see...nobody wants to run a true auction anymore though.
Dan,

You may be right that these tickets would bring more than $1000, but they definately may not on eBay... Without any doubt it would come down to how well the description read, having the right larger auction house (REA, etc.) involved in the promotion, with the right bidders. As you know, it takes two people bashing each over the head to create an auction with large realized values, right? A lot of collectors do not collect tickets, much less baseball tickets from the 1860's. I do believe that this is a small pond we're fishing from. I would be interested in these tickets, but the price would have to be right, from my perspective.

Here are some examples of very old baseball tickets that I have posted before that I have picked up for less than $150 on eBay. Granted, these are not exactly the same, but their condition is absolutely better than these listed at $100 K each. What would you rather own with the huge discrepancy in price? I know what I would do, IMHO....

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-15-2011 at 03:49 PM.