View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
The OPs question was whether or not the two should be in or out (the HOF). He never mentioned anything about steroids/HGH even though other brought it up. Others also brought up altering equipment. I stand behind my point which is cheating is cheating no matter what is used or how it's done. As usual, your full of BS.
Well....Cheating isn't cheating. That's like saying a 71 Pinto and a Ferrari are the same thing because they're both cars. Amphetamines are not in the same ballpark as steroids and HGH. It's even sillier to compare Gaylord Perry or a corked bat to steroids. Jaywalking doesn't carry the same sentence as murder, there's no reason modern steroid users can't be held to a different standard given the impact of their particular indiscretion. What Clemens and Bonds did was unequivocally worse than Mantle popping uppers to shake off a late night of drinking. I will never understand why there are those that think these guys should be rewarded for what they did. In the Olympics they strip users of medals and records. Nobody is rewriting the baseball books, those guys are losing absolutely nothing. They're just not getting anything more than what they've already stolen from the game. I'm quite fine with that. No and No for me.