View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Default Best Box or Pack you ever opened???

Posted By: Rob Ray

My jaw dropped when I saw the pix of your display. Not only is everything gorgeously displayed (and back-lit?),but the contents are mouth watering. All I can say is...WOW.

As for the topic,I opened up a Piedmont pack about 14 years ago (maybe less)....and it had a Joe McGinnity...nice and minn-ity (tried to rhyme there),but with a soft yellow stain and one slightly dinged corner. The ciggies made my hands REEK for quite some time. Tiny little brown things.
Got it from a dealer in PA from a long-ago card show.
Wish I still had it...sealed and everything...those things go for quite a bit nowadays.

Rob BrooklynNY

I used to collect unopened material;purchased mainly through Mark Murphy (and paid through the nose for them,even in the early to mid 90s). All gone now (sold).
One dealer from NJ (dont remember his name) came to the house,purchased ALL my unopened 60s and 70s racks and packs,and proceeded,to my surprise,to open the 71 rack packs. Then my 60s cellos. Even my 58 cellos! Pulled some stars,nothing too valubale (I think there was an AAron,clemente,Stargell and Palmer but no big Mick cards...). I think he was somewhat dissapointed,but I was shocked he wasnt keeping them sealed.
ONly vintage unopened that I purchased...and then opened...were any OPC boxes or packs...don;'t know why I was compelled to open THOSE.