View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Rob G.

I am LOVING those old cars!

I drive a 1996 328is. Nothing fancy, but my buddy was the original owner back when we were in high school and I bought it from him in '04. Plan on keeping it forever as long as I can maintain the rust which is forming in all the wheel wells and the trunk lid and non-structural sub-frame.

This pic is about 7 years old. My kids have since drawn on it with sticks, hit it with baseballs, etc and seems to be a magnet for parking lot fender benders even when I park it far away from others, so its lost its shine. Maybe I'll restore it when they grow up and move out, in the mean time I'll just enjoy taking corners faster than I should One day I hope it will be my "vintage" car like ya'll have from your early days, before cars started parallel parking on their own, and changing lanes, and lights turning on automatically and keyless entry etc.

p.s. I love walking/biking around town when I can and bike with my 4 & 6 yr olds to daycare during the nice summer days. Have been THIS CLOSE to being car-less but just can't pull the trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car.jpg (75.0 KB, 217 views)