View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 06:36 AM
J@son Per1

Last week I upgraded my '75 Mini Brett RC from a PSA 7 to this SGC 9. In this particular set, PSA graded cards go for a significant premium over SGC cards and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I understand it is registry-based and if you believe, as I do, that the two TPGs are basically on parity in terms of grading standards then there are a lot of solid deals to be had on SGC cards. I believe I got this card at 50% at what a PSA 9 would get these days.

Anyhoo, I'm up to 55 or so graded cards in this set, all graded 7 to 9. I still have a few more PSAs than SGCs, although the gap is narrowing. I have most of the factory short cards graded. Also grabbed a Yount and Ryan PSA 8 in 2023 as prices on these cards came down a bit, like pretty much all of post war vintage. Recently got a Munson and Hank Aaron #1 in SGC 8 for much less than the market price of PSA 8s.

I continue to be FLABBERGASTED by the fact that Brett RCs in the mini cost generally around 90% the price of the full sized card apples to apples. There are more than 4x full sized PSA graded Brett RCs as opposed to the minis. I know....supply, demand. Still, I am quite certain the mini set remains undervalued relative to the full sized set and I look forward to continuing to upgrade in 2024 and beyond. Always looking for centered NMT+ ungraded minis as I probably have a good 50-60 cards that I still want to upgrade mostly due to centering issues. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.