View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Bruce C.

Default Our 2018 National trip

Like many others here, I will be attending the 2018 NSCC. I've been to others over the years, but this one is special to me. This year my son will be going with me.

My son, who is 9 (he'll be turning 10 while we are there) has been collecting for the past several years. During this time my collecting interests have taken a backseat to his, and this trip will be no different. His focus is primarily football and basketball. While I don't collect autographs, he is looking forward to getting some autos from Steve Largent (favorite team is the Seahawks) and Earl Campbell (because he is awesome in Madden 18). I'll also be spending a lot of time digging through boxes of shiny stuff and back in the Case Break Pavilion. Did you know they also are giving away free "limited edition" lego-type figures? Yep, we are headed over that way right away.

Anyways, we decided to leave a day early and visit the football HOF today. He's been to Cooperstown, and wasn't very excited about that. But the football HOF had a lot of interactive activities, and he really enjoyed himself. He spent a bit more time playing Madden 18 on the X-Box than I really wanted, but I guess I should be thankful he's taking a break from Fortnite for a few days.

We got to the hotel tonight and while he was swimming he went over all the things he wants to do. I'm hoping to meet up at the football lunch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3309.jpg (28.9 KB, 199 views)