View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Sorry for the OT but I have a question for the NYC members

Leon, I know the rules about OT posts especially since I dont post much here (but read the boards 4-5 times per day!). If you need to delete this I totally understand.

My question is this......

The company I work for has an office in Times Square and they host a new years eve party every year as a fundraiser for their charity. A hundred bucks gets you into the building for a party and the official "ball drop" celebration which can be seen from the offices. Being midwesterners, my wife and I have always wanted to go to New York and thought this would be an excellent way to support a charity and experience new years and New York without freezing our butts off with a million of our closest friends. I am trying to plan in advance and would like to know if there any hotels that are close by that will not charge me huge bucks for a few nights. What can I expect to pay for a 2 night stay in New York?

Now I know my way around Chicago after working there for a number of years but I have to admit I am somwhat intimidated by New York and have no idea about anything there. I could have googled the address of my companies building but since I have no clue about the city I have no idea what areas are good and what areas are not. Any information that can be provided will be extremely helpful.

Again, sorry for the OT post and if this offends anyone I will ask Leon to remove it. Thank you in advance!

Andrew