Thread: PSA blues
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
Steve,

I am not saying that the government needs to get involved. Hell, they can't operate a lemonade stand for profit.

What I am saying is that if these TPA's (no insult to you or anyone else here as an authenticator) claim to be "professionals" exactly what training do they have
to base their professional status on? What is their professional responsibility?

Anyone can claim to be a professional but a professional is just that- someone who passes strict testing and vetting to prove they have the technical ability to perform at a high standard in their "profession" and is over seen by an independent board of like kind professonal's to insure that they do conduct themselves professionally. Maybe that's the answer- having TPA's be licensed and held accountable for their "opinions".

I do not know of any true profession where they can constantly screw up and get away with "well it was just my opinion". They're PAID for their opinion. If they screw up there should be consequences otherwise don't claim to be an expert or professional.

If I angered anyone else on the board I am sorry, it just drives me crazy when people claim to be a professional at something and when they screw up
they suddenly decide they don't have a professional responsibility!
A professional is technically someone who is paid to do something. Within that there's a wide variety of skills. I'm a bicycle mechanic, and consider myself to be a professional. I haven't taken any classes, but for sure I'm better than many who have.

As far a professionals having no responsibility - Have you ever tried to get anyone in software to take responsibility for their program not working right?

Steve B