View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Shane

For those that don't know, I am a Cardinals team set collector. I recently started searching for reoccurring vintage Topps variations, after a few years of collecting modern Topps variations. When I discovered this thread I went through all 119 pages looking for Cardinals. I also went through Richard Dingman's variation site and listed all of the variations on my spreadsheet that I didn't have. I was able to find most.

Along the way, I happen to have discovered a few variations on my own that were not listed anywhere that I have seen. My rule for myself is that it has to be reoccurring. Some of the variations that I have found are variations within variations. For example, the 1960 Topps Lindy McDaniel (yellow blob in the orange area on the left) has different reoccurring shapes. This card also has a thin donut and a thick donut that are both reoccurring. Also, it has a white donut on his arm that is reoccurring. I don't have those scanned. Maybe I will later this week.

Another variation that I found that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else is a 1969 Topps Mike Shannon with a long black line down the left border similar to the Adlesh on the top border that was previously discussed (I think, from memory).

Here is one that I have found going through my duplicates - a 1972 Topps Don Shaw. I found these as reoccurring on COMC. These are the ones I found in my duplicates. The one on the left is a normal card. The one in the middle has an outline around his hat. The one on the right has an outline around his hat, but the entire picture has a brownish tint to it. It is hard to see on my scan, but it is very visible in person and also very visible on COMC's scans.

93-1972-Topps-Shaw-variations