View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:54 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
So you are saying that when 2 people hae negotiated a deal on BST it is ok for you to post on someone else's thread that you think they are selling the item to low? That is never ok it is unethical every time. If he thought price was too low he could have waited until the deal was completed and started a new thread about prices of Vending boxes that were searched and had all the "big" cards removed. he dose not need to apologize to me but the OP and the Buyer.
There have been a few threads about this type of behavior on Ebay where deals fall through because of this exact type of interference. No one would like this done to them. So golden rule applies don't do anything to anyone else you wouldn't want done to you.
Sean admitted he made a mistake and apologized. I'm not saying it's ok to interfere with a deal between two other parties. But there is a point when someone is selling something for so far below its market value that the question of what's ethical becomes a gray area at best. If Sean really believed this guy was selling $1000 worth of cards for 40 bucks that's 4% of its value. I think that would qualify as ok to give the seller a heads up. What if he had posted a 10k card for 400 bucks? Or a 100k card for 4k?

The issue isn't quite as black and white as you are making it out to be.