View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 02:00 PM

Sir, you are absolutely correct. Among my fellow American collectors, the far majority of them put a player's rookie card at the top of the list for value and importance. I do not share their belief in a rookie's importance, but I acknowledge that this trend, which grew in the late 1970s in the mainstream hobby, has become firmly established. As I stated in my previous post, this is not meant to be a criticism, but an observation. Though I do not share their valuation for the rookie, that's beside the point. Moreover, it means I will not be competition for them in their struggle to secure those rookie cards that they so feverishly desire.

Have a swell day, friend, and a blessed and meaningful Resurrection Day celebration. Since you named him first, maybe some time I will tell you of the time I purchased 2 1966-67 Bobby Orr rookie cards for the non-princely sum of about a dime each. As Maurice Chevalier sang, "Yes, I remember it well."

---Brian Powell

PS---I sincerely congratulate you, buddy, for your ultra-beautiful 1963-64 Parkhurst Gordie Howe. Gord never looked better. Thanks for sharing that baby us; what a beauty!

Last edited by brian1961; 04-11-2020 at 02:03 PM.