View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 04:04 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
PSA 8 Koufax rookie sold for 18k last night on Ebay/PWCC. Is the hype dying down or have we been seeing false sales?
I posted one that sold for $80,600 then another 8 that sold for $23,000, and now this one sells for $18,000. Hard to say with 100% certainty, but I'd say things are either bursting or we're in a correction period at the moment?

I have also been watching some Mantles, (and others) as of late and it could just be me, but I also believe they are not fetching what they once were just a short time ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1961 Fleer Guy View Post
Last night PWCC auctioned off a 1969 Lew Alcinder (R) in PSA 9. The population for this card in PSA 9 is 18. The price guide says the card is worth $17,500. The card sold for over $73,000. Does this qualify for crazy price?
Just a guess, but this may have to do with the fact that Basketball cards are far more scarce/rare than what baseball cards are?

With most collectibles such as coins, art, stamps, comic books, etc, etc, their prices are based on rarity rather than popularity imo. Maybe this is what is now happening in the card market too?