View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Robert D!ll!ngham

Agreed with if you like a card buy it. The only people that have to be ok with the deal is the buyer and seller.

If you were paying $1200 for it, I'd say that's probably a little too much just knowing today's market. However, it is pretty sharp for a 2.5 and I don't know what all you're trading and what it means to you so it could be that a partial trade/cash makes sense.

Here's my answer to your questions:

1) - In general, what do you feel the value of this card is?
$1k cash
2) - How desirable is this copy, even though it looks like it has small indent on the side (Possibly from a Rubber band?)
A '54 Aaron will always be desirable no matter the condition. A 2.5 will always have issues...but yours overall is a nice 2.5.
3) The centering and coloring looks very nice, with the imperfections, would this be something that is an easy resale down the line if I need to get my money out (This would be my most expensive card)
Again, there's always going to be buyer's for a '54 Aaron so I would say yes, it should always be an easy resale. I'm not necessarily saying the value will definitely go up, but there will always be a market for a '54 Aaron and this one should always sell quickly at the top end of what the going rate of a 2.5 is.
4) - Finally, would you wait for a better copy to come around, that is approx the same value, or is this one nice enough to pull the trigger on?
Totally up to you. For $1200 you should be able to get a 3.5 or 4 today but it's not going to be perfect either - it might not have the eye appeal this one has. Tomorrow, who knows what the market will be.

Last edited by rsdill2; 08-23-2017 at 01:12 PM.