View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 03:30 PM
Robert Marks

Smile

I was an avid collector of autographed cards primarily in the early to mid 1970s. I obtained most of my signed cards (and other signed memorabilia) at visiting team hotels and through the mail. It was a passion /obsession during my youth. When I went to college, my collection went dormant until my stage 4 cancer diagnosis. The silver lining around the diagnosis is that it allowed me time to dust off my collection, organize it, and try to fill in the holes. I have about 20,000 autographed cards (close to 73% of every major Topps set printed from 1951-75) and 33% of all Bowman sets (1948-55). I have many from minor Topps and other brand sets as well. I have over 7,000 duplicate signed cards from the same era.

I'm sorry for the long-winded answer, but I thought it might help to give you some background. If you give me your email address, I have a spreadsheet that documents what I have and what I need. If interested, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Actually, the 1964 Giant set is one of my weaker sets, as it was not one of focus for me in the 1970s. I do need the tougher cards from the set. Here is a list of the ones I need.
Ken Johnson
Roberto Clemente
Nellie Fox
Tony Gonzalez
Dick Ellsworth
Elston Howard
Dick Farrell
Joe Torre
Frank Robinson
Bill Freehan
Juan Marichal
Bob Gibson
Dick Stuart
Tony Oliva
Carl Yastrzemski
Willie Mays
Vada Pinson
Ken Boyer

Please let me know if you can help me out. I am getting relatively close on 1958-61, 68 and 74 Topps sets (have over 90% signed). I also have thousands of duplicate signed cards that could be of interest to you (possible trade or sale). I know this sounds really odd, but it is even hard to part with my duplicates!!! I am a truly passionate collector! I have such fond memories tied to collecting. It was a maturing process that taught me at a young age the value of being polite and courteous, thankful, respectful, organization, ability to take responsibility, ability to speak to others without fear, etc. It is a great hobby!!!