View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Was happy to win the Vic Mills as I have the postcard to make a great companion piece with.

Craig, I noticed both Jackson items being relisted as well and when I spoke to a rep at Christies they said a bidder reneged on those items. This is why I question a week ago about how Christies determines what kind of budget to allow bidders.

Ben, love the La Azura Photo and let me know when you are done with it! Thank you for sharing where that image came from because I knew it look familiar and couldn't think where I've seen it before. Now I know.

I don't think you could go wrong with any lot from that auction as many of those items belong in a museum.
Thank you, congrats on your pickup as well. There were lots of bargains to be had. I picked up 3 items not described as card images(kind of an important thing to miss in the current market). This Cobb is a monster IMO.

Also, Christies gave no guarantee on time periods or the way in which the photos were developed(everything sold as is) so I believe that potentially hurt some of the pieces. I know for sure that they had issues with the last auction(things not original including a 1917 white sox photo/example). I wonder if some reneged items actually means "not what I thought it was". 4 and 5 figures was just too much for me(for example) to risk.

I think just like the last auction, you will have very very happy people and some that are disappointed once they receive their items. I took the conservative approach with guaranteed happiness. I know the scans(as said earlier) were not very good so I expect everything I get to look better in person.

There are a lot Net54 guys that bought in Christies for good reason. Photos have been promoted here for a long time by long time collectors and dealers so there is a good pool here. There are not a lot of other places to talk photos in depth in large numbers. I am happy to see so many great items go to members. Again... that Joe Wood though..damn... If it didn't go to such a good home I would be very disappointed. Great stuff everyone(as stated above-you can't go wrong with this stuff posted).

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 08-25-2017 at 08:14 PM.