Thread: Paypal question
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal question

Posted By: Charles Prawdzik

I purchased a $300. vintage wrist watch using a credit card and PayPal. The watch was received with a shattered crystal not described or visible in the photo. The seller stated the watch was in near mint condition. The watch was double boxed with no damage during shipping. I advised the seller that I would keep the watch if a $30. partial refund would be provided to pay for the cost of a new old stock crystal. The seller refused to provide any refund or take the watch back. We exchanged negative feedback. Seller was a Square Trade member and we exchanged emails with the arbitrator. Seller then agreed to refund $30. to get both negative feedbacks removed from our records. I received a $30. credit into my PayPal account which I was able to use for another purchase. I did not attempt to use my credit cards buyer protection policy or dispute the charge on my card. I would advise to first try to resolve with the seller, then take advantage of the square trade or paypal buyer protection plan as this will facilitate removal of feedback and provide a neutral arbitration. I personally will not purchase any ebay item of significant value without a buyer protection plan.