View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Default Beautiful E90-1 Mathewson card on e-bay

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Jim,

Gosh, thanks for pointing out those helpful articles that have absolutely nothing to do with any baseball cards or anything to do with this board. Who are you? Are you infatuated with Dan? Do you even collect vintage baseball cards? I also liked the part where you talked about slander and then mentioned how Dan could lose his entire Matty collection. That was especially informative.

As far as Dan and his credibility...A few weeks ago I put a Mathewson card on ebay. I did not know what the card was and said so in the auction description. Dan was kind enough to e-mail and tell me exactly what the card was (1930 Post Cereal) and even how much that card had sold for on ebay in the past. This was very helpful information and I greatly appreciated it. He got nothing out of it. Wasn't trying to buy the card from me, wasn't trying to get anything from me, just one collector helping another. The way this "business" should be.

I also found his post about the E90-1 to be very helpful as well.

I realize that your post was meant to slam (as opposed to "slander") Dan and make him look bad, but I wanted to let you know that it did exactly the opposite. We both know that it had nothing to do with actually warning the rest of us "to use extra care" or whatever it was you said.

I would have LOVED to have sent this message to you by e-mail but of course you didn't post your e-mail address. Mine is ourfirstvacation@yahoo.com. What's yours?

-Ryan