View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:28 PM
Emlily Ell.is

That's awesome. I wouldn't be able to stand it lasting that long. My 1958T set took almost a year to complete. I started by trading for 8 cards and went at it card by card. Sometimes I'd trade for lots of a few, sometimes I'd have to trade for/buy singles. I wound up having $500 into it. It was probably Ex to Ex-Mt overall. I sold it about a year later for $1,500. Regret selling it all the time. But I tripled my money.

I'm trying to decide what set I want to build first since I sold the only vintage set I had ever put together (the 58s). So far I've gotten about 5-10 each from 1958T, 1967T and 1962T. I might go with one of those, but I've always loved the looks of the 1957T and 1961T sets.

Might try for something a little smaller. I'm really not sure what I want to do to be honest. I just know I want them in Ex or better condition, and I'm looking for a set that won't take a year or more to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I didn't realize it took so long but after checking old posts I completed my 55 Bowman set in a little over 3 years. The set includes all error/variations. My goal was to get every card from fellow Net54 members.

I would like to thank everyone I got cards from.

Not sure if I will ever try to put a set together card by card again because of the cost but it was fun.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.