View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I just picked up #223 in my signed 1953 Topps set (Bobo Newsom). My other signed set project, which has been mothballed for now, is a 2007 Dunkin Donuts PawSox set. The sets were given out as a promotion, and I've never seen them signed other than the ones I have. I was able to get to 24/30 TTM, and added Jon Lester about 2 years ago through a Steiner signing. I don't think I'll be able to complete it because infielder Ed Rogers has evidently retired back to his native Dominican Republic, and I don't have a way to get in touch with him there.
Might was well update mine:

The 1953 Topps project is up to 251. I’ve picked up all of the low hanging fruit by now; the remaining ones I need are either difficult, expensive, or both. I’ve confirmed through PSA/DNA’s population report that examples of each exist, though there are about half a dozen that I have never seen pictures of, let alone come up for sale. Beyond those, there are another eight or so that I’ve seen in the collections of others, but never on the market.

My PawSox project remains on the back burner; I can probably add Kevin Cash next spring, but the others (Jacoby Ellsbury, Brandon Moss, George Kottaras and Ed Rogers) don’t sign through the mail and I haven’t seen any signings with them in ages, so I’ve hit a wall there.