View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 09:24 PM
Steven Finley

The card is a conundrum. 93 SP as a set is notorious for being cut undersized, intensely condition sensitive, and features one of the 5 most important modern baseball RC’s. The difference between an 8 and a 10 on that card is massive and PSA has made it pretty clear over the past decade that they will N6 any Jeter SP that is even slightly small. I’ve seen dozens of pack pulled Jeter’s get the N6 designation and probably heard people state the same fact 100 times. You can keep subbing until you get that one grader that doesn’t catch it, but 98 times out of 100 I’d bet the card you have gets the N6. That doesn’t make it trimmed or altered, that just makes it small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterMan20 View Post
How is it possible that BGS can grade a card a 7.5, yet PSA looks at it and deems it as not meeting the minimum size requirements for that set?

I submitted a BGS 7.5 1993 SP Derek Jeter for crossover, and PSA returned it saying the card didn’t meet their minimum size specifications. After 136 callers ahead of me in their queue, I finally get an agent who tells me that “PSA is the diamond standard in the industry, and therefore she’s confident their specifications are accurate and the other company must be wrong”. I asked if she could have this escalated to a manager or supervisor for a second review, and she tells me its not possible, but they won’t charge me and I can resubmit it for another review. If it gets the same opinion, I wouldn’t be charged again.

So essentially, I can re-submit this card repeatedly until the end of my life and never pay for the grading (just S&H) instead of them realizing they made a mistake and correcting it the first time.

Moral of the story - don’t ever sub to PSA.