View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:46 AM

Default Would you destroy a trimmed card?

The other night I was discussing the topic of trimmed pre-war cards with a friend of mine. Both of us agreed that their may have been a time in the last 60 - 100 years when this sort of thing was en vogue as their sure seem to be a lot of trimmed cards out there. Personally, I prefer original cards that are un-trimmed but I know there are many collectors who, for one reason or another, collect them. Our conversation then took an interesting turn...we started wondering what others thought of these cards and if there was anyone out there that knowingly destroyed cards like this in an effort to remove them from the hobby.

So, the question I present to you is what are your thoughts on trimmed cards and would you destroy them, say T206's or T205's that are abundant, if they somehow ended up in your collection? Say you purchased a collection of pre-war cards and some of them were trimmed...would you keep, sell, trade, or destroy the trimmed cards?

For me personally, I think I would try to re-sell them (with full disclosure of course)to a collector that was interested in, or didn't mind, such cards.

Interested in reading your opinions!