View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM

Default JimStinson

Thats funny stuff the quote from "History of the World Part 1" never heard that one.

As a side note I remember the 1986 Bout when Edwin Rosario fought Hector Camacho for the title , In the 5th round Rosario "ROCKED" him and had him in the place that boxers call "The room with no windows and no doors" ,

Hector basically was out on his feet but fought on. It was the first time I ever saw him looping around the ring looking for something to hold onto, And remains today one of my favorite fights. Someone remarked to me after the fight that he came into the ring that night as "Macho Man" and left as "Hector". It was a highly controversal decision at the time, with most ringsiders believing Rosario had won.

A few years later I did a private signing in Puerto Rico with Edwin Rosario who was not the World's most friendly guy. Someone told him I was a boxing judge and he told me point blank he was robbed and asked me how I scored the fight....lol, I told him the truth I thought Camacho won on points. he made a gesture like he was spitting on the floor and kept signing. We didn't talk much after that.

Sadly Edwin Rosario too met an untimely death in 1997 from a heroin overdose.