View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Default KC falling apart

Scott,

EVERY restaurant on the Hill needs to send a pan of lasagna to Kaufman Stadium addressed to Dayton Moore, as a note of " Thanks " for his doing little to improve KC for a playoff run.

Our play has helped the Cards back into some contention, and is putting KC out of the picture.

The Royals should have been sellers, but the Brass wanted to keep the band together for one last show. Instead of selling, I don't see KC making the playoffs and will be left with nothing come FA time. KC could have rebuilt their farm system, but grossly overestimated the team instead. Now, KC is set a good 5 years back, and that's assuming their draft picks and re-tread ( value as the Brass likes to say ) players produce. BTW, KC is horrible in evaluating draft talent, or grooming draft picks for the bigs, or both.

This is very frustrating as most other playoff teams made significant moves that KC was not in a position to make. And how Escobar continues to hold the gig at SS is beyond me and most of KC fans.

Gone are the days of 5 innings and let the pen take over. That MO may work a year of two, but is hardly a recipe for long term success.

It's hard to complain after back to back Series appearances, and winning one.

But it's also hard to sit back and watch the team piss away the future like they have done.