View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 01:41 PM

jefferypayne---

Thanks for clarifying the fact that Topps is the company. I knew Bazooka was technically one of Topps's brands, but I simply did not word that very well. I did not have time to research the matter thoroughly. I do wish to say when I have read the small print on some of the Topps products of the 50s-60s, there were other trade names used as well.

I hope you get some help on removing the tape stain from your gorgeous Johnny U. You would not be removing anything that was not originally there, nor obviously adding anything to the card. I know there's a gentleman by the name of Dick Towle (spelling may be wrong) that specializes in that sort of restoration. Wishing you the very best, bro.

For what it's worth, thanks for showing us your '59 Bazooka Unitas. I for one love it. What a great picture. In the interest of history, the Bazooka issue was released when the Colts were coming off one of the greatest games in NFL anals--their sudden death triumph over the Giants, and then they repeated as NFL champions in 1959. No doubt you more than well knew this, but I offer the historical perspective for the enlightenment of our fellow board members.

---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 09-12-2015 at 05:27 PM.