View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
NYC is going to cost you - especially around that time of the year. While the hotel prices may vary due to location and quality (and there may be some deals), I would guess a decent hotel in the area would set you back $350-$500+ a night. That is, if rooms are still available. Now, if you want to stay in a different area and commute to Times Square, hotel rooms would probably run you between $200-250+ a night. However, I would not recommend you do this on New Years. Travel by foot will take you hours with the crowds of people - and pretty much forget about the subways or cabs.
Well this is pretty much what I was afraid of....huge hotel costs...huge amount of people means a very tough commute from anywhere. I can only assume that airline tickets will not be cheap during this time as well. Our only hope is that if my daughter stays stationed at Ft Meade, Maryland (she is in the air force) maybe we can take a train up to NYC for the day and then commute back to Ft Meade. I think I have to rethink my new years eve plans!