View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

You guys don’t’ need to rush to Steve’s defense nobody is attacking him.

You guys crack me up anytime somebody voices and presents a fair POV that is the slightest bit different from the current lemming march everybody jumps all over the person who dares to discuss something on a DISCUSSION board.

Phil isn’t attacking Steve that I can see nor did Greg or I. I think Phil’s just making a case as to why he feels as others said that perhaps these lots could be left up longer and since many were so short why folks may feel these aren’t hitting full potential. Is that so really bad to say????

Hell if anything it’s in Steve’s best interest, if anything it’s being helpful not hurtful. LOL

Perhaps a little armchair quarterback at most but not malicious.

I would also say that most if not all of you are guilty of being a bit armchair quarterback at one point or time on this board. Never stopped some of you guys from making points or assumptions against, Doug Allen, Mastro, GAI, Pat Chan, JSA, SGC countless eBay sellers, other members… and much much more.LOL

Case in point…..

“and as far as cash advance, yeah maybe on a Matty game ball or Ruth jersey but a bunch of midgrade T206 and Caramels ? Please.......”

Hey Johnny how many thousands of midgrade T206’s and Caramels you have lying around your house right now? I can say that without a shadow of doubt there is not one auction house out there that if put in the position to get this collection consigned wouldn’t pony up short term cash if the family needed it.

As for all of you guys who are so quick to say that the points mentioned by Phil, Greg or I are so off base and we can go away and are so mean or ungrateful, this includes folks who own auction houses. LOL

Feel free to liquidate your entire collections graded or ungraded via only our BST in 3+ hour increments, don’t let your one or two cards sit in the BST for weeks any longer, enough with your endless bumps or the reductions…take the highest offer given to you in 3 hours and stop cluttering up the BST already as it’s a clear consensus that what is offered in 3-12 hours is ample value period.

Auction houses also take note if you’re reading this no need for you guys to run auctions for 20+ days, send out mailing lists or even advertise. Put all of your lots in the BST and within hours you’re done and maximized time to move.

As for complaints or being labeled complainers I find it so funny we can make comments about the way REA or Legendary and others breakdown lots for sale and bust their balls publicly and complain on how they run their businesses or auctions on closing nights, or thier BP's that’s ok.

But make a similar simple comment about a board member who’s getting almost the same juice as an auction house and you’re the anti-christ. LOL

I really think if you looked up hypocrisy in the dictionary it would have web link to NET54 sometimes.

Cheers,

John