View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Jantz Morey

Thanks to Net54, I first met Jantz Morey at the 2008 National. And, I looked forward to each subsequent National to get together with him.
We became instant friends, talking T206 cards and trading them. Our conversation started by Jantz bringing up the subject of my "Elite 11"
thread (posted in the Fall of 2007). He was fascinated by these rare PIEDMONT 350 cards. He was happy to show me 8 of these cards that
he had acquired in less than a year. Plus he had two duplicates (Lindaman and Mullin).

I mentioned to him that I was missing Mullin with the PIEDMONT 350 back. He gave me his extra Mullin and did not want anything in return.
That's the kind of guy Jantz was.
Subsequently, I returned the favor by sending him POLAR BEAR cards for his T206 run.

At the National's, we would talk T206's for what seemed like hours. Jantz really impressed me with his keen insight into the complexities of
the T206 set. We would delve into the nitty-gritty details of this set. Also, Jantz loved finding printing anomalies in T206's. He would contact
me when he found one, so we could compare notes. Here's an example where he noticed that occasionally a Mullin card would be found with
a printer's mark above the arm. Between the two of us, we found 8 of these cards with this identical printer's mark.

.............................................v

There is so much more that I could write about regarding our 11 year old friendship. I still cannot believe Jantz is not with us anymore.

GOD Bless his soul....and, may GOD comfort his family.

TED Z