View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Default Do you have questions for SCDA?

Posted By: Aaron

Jay, my questions regarding SCDA were already answered by Troy.

1. I asked if SCDA authenticators would stop authenticating and selling items they owned. Troy said they would continue to do so, but with the individual authenticator's LOA instead of SCDA's LOA. So, short answer: "No".

2. I asked (several times) if they would require auction houses to identify items the authenticator owns in the item's description and Troy said this would be addressed with a "check box" system on the LOA. So, short answer: "No".

3. I asked if jerseys that I'd purchased in past auctions were owned by anyone at SCDA, and Troy told me he checked with Dan Knoll and Dave Bushing and they said "No," although he offered no proof. (This one is one me to check with Mastro, etc., and see if they will provide information.)

So, basically in terms of the conflict of interest questions, they've already been asked and responded to. SCDA feels like they've gone as far as they're willing to without jeopardizing the income of those associated with SCDA.

To that end, while your trip might be somewhat educational, it's basically just a carefully orchestrated (as in they're going to show you what they want to show you) PR trip that obscures the real issues (undisclosed conflict of interest) and uses you as a pawn to help clear their name. Personally I think you are wasting your time.

I'm much more interested in what Adam might uncovers during the discovery process and over the course of the Planich litigation, then a field trip to the cracker factory.

--Aaron