View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 12:58 AM
Al

Default Open For Bidding - Love of the Game Set Builder's Auction

Hi Everyone:

Hope you're all well.

It's been nearly a year since we did a "Set Builder's" auction, and I'm proud to have launched a new one today. Bidding is open, and the auction will close on October 1. You can visit the auction at http://loveofthegameauctions.com/Catalog.aspx .

For those of you who might be unaware, the Set Builder's auction is a smaller auction than is typical for LOTG, with lower-dollar items, lower-grade cards, less expensive autograph and memorabilia pieces. It's a neat little auction, with something for everyone.

In order to make the auction work, I did need to make a change to the Buyer's Premium. The BP on this auction is now 20%, though we offer a 2% discount for those who choose to pay by check, money order or cash.

There are some pretty great items in this auction - my favorite is probably Lot #1, which is a complete T206 New York Highlanders set that ranks #3 on the PSA Set Registry. Every card is gorgeous.

The auction also includes a few very nice complete sets, including 1948 Bowman, 1960 Leaf, 1960 Nu-Card Hi-Lites and a few others. Also included:

• Lots of T205 and T206s
• The balance of the collection from Dennis Clotworthy, the former Detroit Tigers batboy and author of "Al Kaline's Last Batboy." Most of the Tigers and Red Wings items you see in this auction came from Dennis' collection.
• Lots of collector-grade postwar vintage cards
• A host of autographs, including a nice assortment of lower-dollar HOF baseballs and signed publications
• A ton of cut signatures, not only from sports but also from politics, film, music, and comedy.

This is a nice stopgap auction while we work on the Fall Catalog and Boxing auction, which should once again be our best yet. I'm still taking consignments for that auction, but the deadline is this weekend. If you're interested, please reach out!

Thanks, and good luck!

-Al