View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:19 AM

Day 128

So the story behind this next item is when my oldest daughter was in elementary school, she was assigned the task of creating a hand puppet (of a famous person) with the "help" of a family member. She knew I was a big fan of Roberto, so he was her choice.

Now going into this team project, I knew there was no "I" in team, but I also knew that there was a "me" in team, because from the start, all the work was done by me. This annoyed me at first, but as the project moved forward and I saw how "nice" the puppet was coming along, I started to enjoy it. It got to the point that when my daughter actually wanted to help, I wouldn't let her, because I thought she would mess it up...lol.

But wait, I get more pathetic. The day she brought it into school, I really didn't want her to. I thought it was going to get ruined being in her backpack or by classmates touching it. I made her promise not to let her friends play with it... When she came home from school that day, the first thing I said to her was..."Where's my puppet?!?" Sad.......very sad.

So without further ado...

ca. 1990s Roberto Clemente Hand puppet...