View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Default autographed baseballs - selling opinions

Posted By: DJ

Take for instance Hank Aaron single signed baseball. Balls that DO NOT have Loa's from PSA/DNA or JSA have been bringing on average $60-70.

Balls with PSA/DNA or JSA, have brought between $110-120. Of course to have one of these authenticating firms authenticate your item, the cost would basically be the difference.

A Duke Snider without an LOA from PSA/DNA or JSA brings about $20, while ones with an LOA from PSA/DNA brings a tad more than twice that.

If you send it to Gaynor, I think you will still have to pay authenticating charges if they use PSA/LOA or JSA and they would probably lot up some of the lesser premium balls. You can't use a big auction house because they usually have a strict dollar minimum that they need in their catalog.

I think with rather common items (that do have value), you are better off throwing them on eBay and perhaps using the PSA/DNA review feature (it costs like $8) to review each piece to pass along the buyer confidence.

What would stop a buyer from buying my good ball and looking to return some other bad ball?--you ask

Ebay for the most part is good and as long as you have scans of the items that you sold, I can't really see an issue with this and this may just be a bit of paranoia on your part.

As far as the gentlemen with the team signed baseball, it's not really a forgery if it's clubhouse, depsite the fact that the person who signed the ball wasn't the person whose name appears on the ball. There is still some value to this ball. Probably around $300-350 depending on condition and what the % of clubbies made up the ball.

DJ