View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Mike Root

Default Reviewing alleged issues with Jeter Cards

I just wanted to set the record straight regarding items authenticated by myself through CAS Certified Authentication Service. I have worked in the Authentication field professionally for over 15 years. Working as an authenticator may be the most challenging job you can have in the hobby. With that being said I am always willing to review any autograph that is put into question regarding the authenticity. That review process does take some time to be conducted. What we cannot and will not do is immediately discount our opinion based on accusations made regarding an authentication we have done. The nature of the Authentication business in general is constantly the target of criticisms. Our decisions are made based on the opinion of myself and numerous consultants we use from different fields of expertise. I hold myself to the highest level of integrity and accuracy at all times. One of the most difficult things for most authentication companies/authenticators to do is admit that they can make mistakes sometimes. It does happen and the key to evolving is learning from them and becoming further educated and experienced. If more people were willing to try and work together with the Authentication companies instead of jumping at the opportunity to point fingers the hobby would be a much better place.