View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default Butch

I'm sure he can speak for himself - but the OP is refering to small thin slips of paper like the ones you are referencing that contained numbers - only they depict a baseball player. They have been marketed to today's collector with the idea that these slips when punched were exchanged for one of the promoted prizes.
I'm not sure if the connection between the two has been confirmed with actual evidence or is just conjecture and caviar dreams. While I struggle with bouts of CRS I believe I've seen one in an sgc or psa holder; for whatever that's worth to one's acceptance or denial of the relationship. Like many ancillary issues - it seems these slips whatever their source acceptably stretch the boundaries of what defines a "card" for today's hobbiest.
Not my area of expertise although I have a few nice examples in my collection. I would never take a punch from a board that was complete - even if from the back. One that's been used is probably ripe for exploration of at least one punch............

no guarantees whether written or implied