View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:01 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I believe I got 'saw' and 'watched' intertwined.

Therefore, the best game I ever saw was in the early 1990's when my Alma Mater executed a perfect delayed double-steal to win the State Championship.

Second place was the 1991 NL West Division-Clincher - that started that long run of playoff teams in Atlanta.

That one was particularly weird in that no one, and I mean no one, left the stadium immediately after the final out.

After the initial jumping around, all of the Braves' players stood around and on the pitchers' mound and eye-balled the primitive Fulton County Stadium scoreboard...as the Giants still had to beat the Dodgers to officially bring the title to Atlanta.

The entire crowd was also....just standing and watching...it was eerily quiet.

The very second the Giants won, me and my two pals, having positioned ourselves at the exit, took off.

We made it out of the neighborhood and onto the highway in about five minutes - again, everything was as like an apocalypse movie set.

Obviously, the game was no subject to a local blackout.

It normally took about 45 minutes to get out of a full stadium and maneuver through the bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Pretty Amazing!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente